Sunday, February 1, 2015

New Project Fabric Stack

Now that I finished my brother's quilt top, made the backing cut with a wavy blade in my rotary cutter to avoid the mess of raveled edges,


and made the binding (look at that raveling - I even zig zag stitched the raw edges together),


I'm SO excited to start a new project!  I have been sticking to my vow of finishing the project I'm working on before starting another.  This keeps me from having a bunch of UFOs around that I generally wind up never finishing (or dread having to finish).  

I've been wanting to make a couple of Quilts of Valor and bought a pile of red, white, and blue fabrics about a year ago.  Since February 7th is the Quilts of Valor Foundation's National Sew Day, today is a good day to get these  fabrics pressed and to start cutting the strips so I'm ready for next weekend.  I'm going to do 2 lap sized (54" x 77") quilts with this fabric stack using Eleanor Burns' Quick Trip Quilt pattern.  



These quilts are easy peasy and go together in a jiffy.  I haven't made one since I finished this quilt in 2012 as a gift for one of my mother's friends.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I want a wavy blade - where did you get it? Does it fit any rotary cutter? That is brilliant. I do a lot of cutting with my pinking shears, but that would be so much faster. Yes, that's a lot of raveling on your binding, wow. Love your fabrics, can't wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete