I thought these fabrics would be perfect to use in a gender-neutral baby quilt. After I cut the fabrics to make the blocks, I realized that I had enough left over for a diaper bag, so I went for it. I sewed the blocks and assembled the quilt top last night, and then started on the diaper bag this morning. By 3:00, the bag was done (except for a button needed for the front). I wasn't about to get out in the shopping madness going on out there in the wild. The way I look at it, by staying home I not only saved a ton of money, but also accomplished quite a bit.
I even got the quilt back and binding made. I'll drop the quilt off at the quilt shop the next time I go so it can be quilted on the longarm.
Here are a couple of close-ups of the diaper bag. It has six pockets inside and because both the bag and the pockets are quilted with batting, they keep bottles cold long enough for running errands - even in Florida in the summer. My daughter loved these when Em was a baby. Best of all, the bag is completely washable.
There are also two outside pockets on the front, and one on the back.
It was a great day! I hope yours was as well :)