Saturday, December 8, 2012

Finish #7

My goal with this quilt was to add some color into my living room without having to do any major work like painting or spend a huge amount of money on a piece of furniture.  Back in August I spied Anna Maria Horner's Field Study in the Gypsy colorway and Pat Bravo's Indie in the Sunlight Bazaar colorway.  I knew that a fat quarter of each paired with some Kaffe Fassett odds and ends from my stash would be perfect.  I used a free pattern called Lotus Brick Path by Amy Butler.

It took me a long, long time to get the top and backing finished, not because they were difficult or time consuming to put together, but because I went on vacation, work has been hectic, and I trained for (sort of) and completed two half marathons.  I was supposed to do a third half marathon after Thanksgiving, but I didn't feel like getting out in the crazy traffic to go pick up my race packet (lame...I know).

In any case, I picked up the quilt after the quilting was completed a couple of weeks ago, made the binding and finished sewing it down earlier this week.  It was a little grey this morning, but I thought I'd snap a couple of pics while it was on my mind.  Ta da!



The quilt finished at 66" wide x 76" long and was backed using Kona Amber with a pieced strip of leftover fabrics as an accent.  It was quilted in a swirl pattern using the same amber colored thread for the front and the back.

I haven't put it out yet, since my Christmas quilt is occupying the couch until New Year's Eve - that's when this new quilt will take it's place in my living room.  I can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary it's just stunning! Well-done! Wow two marathons, you're amazing. I've been wondering where you were!!

    ReplyDelete