Saturday, October 13, 2012

Back from vacation

I had a wonderful two weeks away from Florida and away from work.  It was a much needed break, and I didn't realize how badly I needed it until I came back.  Luckily, I did a little advanced preparation for my return home before we even left.  I got all my sewn strips for this quilt top pressed, so today, when I was dying to do some sewing, I was able to just sit down and start.  I finished the top just a bit ago, but haven't pressed it yet.  That can wait for another day.  I took this first picture outdoors in some bright sun, so the colors appear a lot lighter than they are.


I made this quilt to help incorporate a really, really loud area rug into my living room.  I got a great deal on it at Anthropologie but it was a little more hot pink than I anticipated.  The only way to make it look like it belongs is to add some more of the hot pinks and purples into the room.  This quilt thrown over the sofa should do the trick (I hope).  Here's a shot of the quilt against the rug.  I likey :)


I think I'm going to back this with a coordinating kona solid (I'm eyeing the color amber) unless i find a different backing in my stash.  It is so good to be home and it felt wonderful to sew again.  I hope you are having a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment