Sunday, June 10, 2012

Forward Progress

Back in December, I posted a picture of a bunch of blocks completed at a weekend sew fest.  Remember these?


Well, the blocks have been languishing in my sewing room ever since and I have been sick of looking at them.  I took the bull by the horns on Friday and moved the living room furniture out of the way and laid the blocks out on the floor.


Cut 63 pieces of white sashing and sewed the blocks into rows.


Hung the finished rows up in the sewing room until the next time.  I still need to cut the sashing to put between the rows.


I also did another 5K last night, so added another bib number and a medal to the growing "valance" in my sewing room.  I have a few others from this year, but these are the most recent ones :)


This race was run in insane weather - we experienced stinging rain, thunder, lightning, hail and driving wind.  At the halfway point we were running through ankle deep puddles that completely covered parts of the roads.  About half the participants dropped out, but a bunch of us stuck it out and slogged our way to the finish line.  It was totally worth it.

By the way, I've given up trying to create blog posts from my iPad - can't seem to get them right :(

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Mary, they look great! You'll get there! And wow, another marathon, I love your valance of bib numbers - and a medal too! Good for you on seeing it through to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your marathon! Those were some tough conditions.

    i think your blocks are fabulous and the white sashing sets them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete