Saturday, May 12, 2012

A New Project

Well, sort of...


This pattern is called Caddy Corners and is one of the Laps From Fats series.  I made one of these about five years ago and it is one of my favorites http://pugkayaker.blogspot.com/2009/10/bloggers-fall-quilt-festival-entry.html

So when I found myself with a bunch of leftover fat quarters after finishing the Paisley Party quilt, I thought this pattern might serve as a nice way to use them up.  I started making these blocks last weekend, but it will be a few weeks before I pick them up again.  This weekend is busy.  I did a 5K this morning and rewarded my not so valiant efforts like this:

I did drag myself out of bed at 5:30 this morning, and this was how I bribed myself.

My youngest daughter is moving next weekend, so I suspect there won't be much sewing going on for a couple of weeks.

How is your weekend shaping up?

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. I do love that pattern, Mary. Wow, a 5K? YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! And you got out of bed at 5:30? AWESOME TOO! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete