Saturday, March 17, 2012

25 years

As of today, I have worked at the same company for 25 years.  I started when I was 27 back in 1985, quit for a couple of years, and returned.  It is a weird feeling, and I'm beginning to feel like one of the "old timers" - a lot of the engineers who work with me are younger than my children.  The best part of 25 years is another week of vacation accrual each year :)  I was planning to celebrate this milestone and St. Patrick's Day downtown today, but instead was on the couch with a grumbly stomach, nothing serious, just had to stick to applesauce and pretzels instead of corned beef, cabbage and green beer.

Last weekend I put the borders on that Quick Trip Around the World quilt for one of my mother's friends.  I hope to drop it off to be quilted next weekend.  Here's a peek


Definitely not my colors (you can see some of my preferred colors on the bed quilt to the left), but these colors go with the lady's living room.  I still have to make the backing.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. That is quite an accomplishment in this day and age, Mary, several companies I've worked for no longer exist [NOT MY FAULT!!!]. Your TATW is beautiful, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete