Saturday, February 18, 2012

Laissez les bon temps rouler (2012 Finish Number 2)

I love the smell of bourbon in the morning - lol

Later on this afternoon the house will be filled with the heavenly aroma of bread pudding baking...mmm!

What a busy week this was!  Valentine's Day on Tuesday, my oldest daughter's birthday on Wednesday, and yesterday I had my little pumpkin for the day because she did not have to go to school. 

I picked Miss Sweetie Pie up from school on Tuesday so we could decorate some Valentine's Day cupcakes for her and her Mommy and some birthday cupcakes for her Auntie.  She loves decorating!


Needless to say, the cupcakes were a big hit!

After all that work, it was time for some play.  What a big girl!  She has swinging down to an art.  No more, "Grammy, will you push me?"  I miss those days...

Finally, I snapped a few pictures of the quilt that was finished during Super Bowl.


This Courtyard quilt finished at 50" x 65" so it is a good size quilt for a baby boy.


The back - I found this alphabet fabric on sale too and it was a perfect match.  Don't you love it when that happens?


The quilting was done in a meader pattern at the local quilt shop, and the left over blocks were used in the pieced backing.  I don't like hanging on to left over blocks, but can't bear to throw them away either, so this is a good solution.

I'm continuing to work on the two slide show quilts this weekend, so hopefully I'll have a couple of quilts to drop off to be quilted by next weekend.

So, what are you working on this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment