Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's coming together

The Quick Trip Around the World quilt that is, and I really like it.  I have to admit that when I was sewing the strips together, I was a little worried. 


I thought that the lightest fabric with the white background was a little too stark and the gold jumped out as well.  Since this is the first time I've made one of these, I wasn't sure it would be okay once the tubed strips were cut and set next to each other.  Well, I was wrong (thank goodness!).  Check out the first half of the quilt :)


Now for sewing all these strips together and tackling the other half.  So far, this has been super easy...hoping that trend continues.  I'll keep you posted.

2:00 p.m. update - all the piecing is done!  This went so fast!  I didn't even have all the strips sewn together this morning when I started at around 8:30 and the top was all pieced by 1:30.


I still have to add borders, but I haven't gotten the fabric yet, so it's as done as it's going to get for today :)

Happy quilting!


3 comments:

  1. WOW that was fast - and yes, the fabrics that had you worried turned out great! What a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! What a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's very pretty. Your post came across my RSS reader yesterday and you just had the first half posted. I loaded up your post this morning to leave a comment and I see you've finished. That was fast! I love how it all came together.

    ReplyDelete