Friday, January 13, 2012

Another Sneak Peek

Here's a glimpse of the other quilt top I finished during the quilting retreat last weekend.


The pattern is called Courtyard.  I've made quite a few of these over the years, but it has been awhile.  I have a link to other Courtyard quilts made in the past in my links to the right.  It's a cute, super easy pattern and makes a nice sized quilt for a baby/toddler if borders are omitted - otherwise, it is about twin sized. 

I went to the local quilt shop today and made several purchases *blushing* - one of them was the fabric for the backing which you can see in the picture.  I had to snap a picture of the selvage.  Check this out:



Little boots :)  How cute!

While I was in the shop, I browsed through the sale section where everything is $4-$5/yard and found this fabric.  I made Em's outfit for her second birthday using the version of this fabric with the white background.  So, when I saw the fabric in pink for $4/yard, I bought the 3.5 yards left on the bolt. Wouldn't this make cute quilt backing for little girl quilts?



Finally, I bought fabric to make a Quick Trip Around the World quilt (Eleanor Burns' pattern) for one of my mother's friends.  She said the colors in her furniture are pink/mauve and dusty blue.  She wants a long lap quilt for her sofa, so this is what I came up with. 



I have been chomping at the bit to make one of these quilts, so it will be an adventure and another step out of my Warm Wishes quilt habit :)

I dropped off the Paisley Party quilt while I was at the quilt shop, so I should be able to do a show and tell within a couple of weeks.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend...happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Cute quilt, I love the fabric! That fabric with the boots is darling too. Glad you found the pink version of that fabric, really sweet.
    Your mum's friend will love her new quilt - can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete