Saturday, November 19, 2011

First Things First

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for your sincere support after we had to have our wonderful dog, Alsley, put down last week.  The e-mails and virtual hugs we received helped get us through the worst of the darkness and sadness.  Every day feels a little more normal and we're attempting to fill the quietness by keeping Pandora on for background noise. 

Now for some quilting talk.  I was hoping to start on a new project, but I didn't get the package in the mail that I was hoping for today.  I will provide a sneak preview though :)  Remember the post about all the Kona cotton fat quarters (if you don't, click here)?  Well, check this out:


What do you think? 

The Terrain fabric in the picture is the quilt backing.  I'm going to pair the Kona solids with a Terrain layer cake to create a quilt inspired by this one created by Natalie and entered in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Isn't it just fabulous and amazing?  I love it!

I still need to add another light aqua blue and a few other Kona cottons into the mix, and wait for the lovely mail lady to come through with the layer cake :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. It takes time, Mary, it really does. Sure wish I could give you a real hug.

    This quilt is going to be really gorgeous, I adore the colors and Terrain! And I do love me some Kona. I wish I had a bolt in every color, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your progess - it is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric choice - can't wait to see the quilt.

    ReplyDelete