Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall 2011 Blogger's Quilt Festival

The quilt I am entering is Hip to Be Square done in batiks.  It was made for two of my friends' 38th wedding anniversary. I love batiks, but sometimes I have trouble putting them together so they have enough variety and colors, but still coordinate.  I decided to use a Hoffman fat quarter bundle as my inspiration.  I picked fabrics that were similar to those in the bundle and it turned out really well.  The quilt is large lap size and was quilted using a dark navy thread in a swirl pattern.


I hope you're enjoying your travels through the wonderful quilts out there - thank you for stopping by :)

9 comments:

  1. I like batiks too, I think they are often under rated. Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. The colours really look great. I'm sure your friends love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love batiks and especially these colors!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the look of this quilt - it reminds me of a day on the beach for some reason....very relaxing! i'm sure your friends appreciated it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. It has a soothing colour scheme. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and the total effect! I have been mentally visualizing something like this for some friends who have a beach house decorated in these colors. Now I'm really inspired - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely beautiful! I love the color palette you selected. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully beautiful quilt. Love the colors and your quilting is lovely. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete