Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ahhhhh....Autumn

has finally arrived, even if only for a few days.  It was 60 degrees when I woke up this morning, so the windows are open all around the house.  I am a happy camper when I can enjoy my morning coffee al fresco :)


I made a pilgrimage to the quilt shop with a friend yesterday so she could drop off a quilt to be quilted.  Since is was the first Saturday of the month, it was end of the bolt Saturday where the deal is 20% off if you finish a bolt.  It's a great time to go if you need backing and they always have a ton of bolts set aside that have only a yard or two left.  This shop also has a club that costs $20 to join, but it gives members 10% off all fabric, and one free fat quarter per month. I behaved myself and only bought 2 yards of fabric.

The first fabric is for binding for "Who Whooooo's the Monkey" because I don't have enough of the striped fabric used for the sashing (on the left) to do the trick.  I think the fabric I bought (on the right) will do just fine.  Now I just have to wait for the quilting to be finished.


The second piece of fabric I bought was a risky move, because I had two pieces of fabric at home that I thought might coordinate with this very cool paisely (on the left), I ljust oved it.  Sometimes when I do this, my memory doesn't serve me well and I come home with something totally wrong...not this time :)


I think today will be spent doing a few more Halloween treat bags.


Found this at Joann's and I think this 1/4" Steam-A-Seam2 may be a better solution to keep the turned out edges flat against the bags without having to try and sew them down (which is very painstaking, especially with the small size bags).

1 comment:

  1. Well you sure had a great day -shall I send you some of our cold weather? Brrrr. It's pretty out there, very crisp and clear, but too cold for me. I'm glad you enjoyed your coffee outside today! I love the paisley fabric, good job. And I think the wavy stripes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete