Saturday, September 24, 2011

I've Gone a Little Batty

Over this selvage


The fabric is Trick or Treat by Deb Strain for Moda

I wanted to make a few Halloween gift bags, so I picked up this and another fabric today.  I decided to make a few changes in cutting and constructing the bags this time. 

The first change was to use my wavy rotary cutter to make the pressed open trim look a little more decorative.

The second change was to sew down the pressed open trim.  I really didn't like the way it did not sit flat against the bags I have previously made.  This wasn't an easy task, but I think it was totally worth it. 
Here's the result


I think this looks much better


This one will be filled with candy for Em

I think these would make cute teacher gifts too :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the selvage too, very cute! And so is the bag - yep, I like it sewed down better too, and the wavy edge is darling! Good job!

    ReplyDelete