Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finished Monkey Business Top


I moved my sewing machine into the living room this morning to finish this top that had been languishing for nearly a month. I like sewing in the living room - I don't feel cooped up as I do when I am in my sewing room. It feels so good to have this top done - now I just have to make the backing, get it quilted, and add the binding. I don't know what I'm going to do with this one yet, and I think that's one of the reasons I procrastinated a lot. I do a lot better when I have a specific purpose for the finished quilt.

I questioned the inclusion of corner stones in the sashing for this quilt and with these particular fabrics, I'm not sure it added enough to the finished top to make piecing them worthwhile, but eh...it's done.

I spent a lot of the morning watching the 9-11 programming. At one point, ABC had that song "I'm already there" playing while showing the pictures of children next to pictures of their parents who were lost. It was gut-wrenching, but at the same time beautiful to see how these families have carried on with the business of living and keeping their parents' memories alive.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment