Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Day, New Plans

I was sitting here this morning minding my own business and thinking about getting to work on the fabric I had cut last night when the phone rang.  It was the quilt shop calling to let me know that the quilting for Hip to be Square was done and it was ready to be picked up.  Now it is rainy and hot and sticky (see yesterday's post) and I waffled for a little while between venturing out and staying put.  I decided to venture out and go pick it up.  I am over the moon with this quilt!

Here it is laid out on the bed


and here's a close-up of the quilting


I'm glad to have resisted the urge to have it quilted in an angular pattern - the swirls contrast nicely with the geometric pattern of the blocks.  I chose a dark teal thread for the quilting and am also pleased with that choice.  Now I've got to trim it and get the binding on.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment