Friday, July 1, 2011

There was a little girl who had a little curl...

in the middle of her forehead
when she was good, she was very, very good,
but when she went to the quilt shop, she was horrid

Lol...okay... so substitute "little girl" with "middle aged woman"

I went to pick up a couple of projects that were quilted at a shop up the road.  After I checked out and put the quilts in the car, I grabbed one of my Groupon coupons I had bought ($25 worth of fabric for $12 - how could I pass that up?) and headed back into the shop to see what I could find.

I have had the "Hip to be Square" pattern for a long time, but never found the perfect fabrics.  Well, today I did.


I saw these Hoffman Bali Handpaints batik bundles and instantly fell in love.  Of course, the pattern calls for half yards, so I bought two bundles.  I also needed a one yard piece of focal fabric - I picked the fabric at the bottom because it incorporates the browns, rusts, beiges, and teals.  I can't wait to start cutting, but I have to bind the two quilts I picked up today before I start another project.

I came home and made the binding for each quilt and machine sewed them on.  I'm working on the hand sewing tonight, but wanted to take a break and share my quilty excitement :)

No comments:

Post a Comment