Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Buyer Beware

I learned a valuable lesson.  When you buy a fabric bundle, unbundle, unfold the fabrics, and take a good look at the fabric pieces before you drive away from the store's parking lot, especially if it's a long drive from home.  Remember the Hoffman Bali Handpaint Fat Quarter Bundles I bought last week?  Take a look at these pics - the fabrics in entire first bundle are cut so skewed that they can't be used as fat quarters.  If I squared them up, I'd lose at least an inch off each side.  The second bundle is slightly skewed, but I think I can make it work.  What is so shocking is that the fat quarters are very skimpily cut - huge disappointment - and these bundles are expensive!




I bought a new iron and was all excited to run home tonight and get this fabric pressed so I could start cutting on Friday.  Now I have to go back to the quilt shop - I'm calling them tomorrow to make sure they'll take the one bundle back in exchange for another one, but it's about a 20 mile drive each way.  Grrrr. 
7/7/11 Update:  I talked to the shop owner and she doesn't have any more of the "Honeysuckle" bundles, so she's going to take them back...perfect!  I'll head up there tomorrow to see what else I can find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment