Sunday, July 24, 2011

8:30 a.m. Feels Like 110 Degrees

According to the local television station that's the heat index about fifteen miles up the road from us.  Ours is a "cool" 96 degrees.  This morning when I woke up at 7:15, the windows were all steamed up because it is so humid - yuck! 

Yesterday morning, my best friend and quilting buddy called me to see if I wanted to take a ride up to the big quilt store.  I hurried up and made the backing for "Hi There Horton" so it could be dropped off to be quilted.  We left late in the afternoon making sure we got there just one hour before closing time.  We know that we can get into serious trouble if we spend too much time shopping.  I picked up the fabric to back Hip to be Square, so making the backing will be my next project.  I needed 6.5 yards of fabric for the backing and binding...they had 7 1/8 yards left on the bolt, so like a good citizen, I left no waste on the bolt - lol.


My plan is to drop off Hip to be Square when I pick up the Seuss quilt.

Have a nice weekend and stay cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment