Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fabric Wrastlin'

Every time I make a big (huge) quilt and I get to the point where the rows are getting sewn together, I ask myself why I chose to make such a big, heavy, unweildy quilt.  There's so much fabric to deal with that I feel like I've been fabric wrastlin' - pinning, sewing, and pressing are all a wrestling match...but today I triumphed!  I did some sewing with my best friend and quilting buddy today.  She got six pillowcases made and I finally sewed the rows together for the Gold Rush quilt.  It is supposed to have borders added on, but when I auditioned it on my very high queen-sized bed, the quilt is huge already!  See?


I'm breaking out in a cold sweat thinking about what it's going to cost to get this sucker quilted - yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment