Friday, June 3, 2011

Another Finish

I spent almost the entire day today making the borders for the Gold Rush quilt and putting them on - it was quite a pain, but I'm so pleased with the result.  The borders are pieced so that diagonal light lines from the four-patch blocks extend out into them.  The only part that made me nervous was that since I had to match so many seams and couldn't just measure out equal border lengths to ensure the quilt was square I feared that I might wind up with a wonky quilt, but it all worked out okay. 


Alsley checked it out and seems to approve


Then Mr. Sweetie Boy went back to dreamland :)


So now I have four finished tops - I just have to hit the lottery so I can afford to get some quilting done.  This Gold Rush quilt finished 102" x 102" so it will be an "investment" - LOL

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment