Sunday, April 17, 2011

A few tops

I finally took this top outdoors to get a picture of it in natural light so the colors are true


I put these two tops together this weekend.  I still need to make and add the borders.  The one on the left will be a baby/toddler quilt, and the one on the right a perfect size for a young elementary school aged child to cuddle up on the couch with.


I bought two yards of the yellow "tossed" Seuss character fabric pictured below, but I'm going to have to figure something out for an inner border for the quilt on the right to separate the outer border from the blocks along the edge that contain the same fabric.  I have a coordinate stripe, but I think the quilt is awfully busy as it is and adding more pattern would detract from it.  I auditioned the striped fabric while the blocks were laid out on my bed, and I'm not thrilled with it.  See? 


Okay, I have a question for you.  How many of you have slept on the couch or in another bed because your blocks were all laid out on your bed?  I have two other beds in the house, but opted for the couch last night. One bed has about twelve quilts and a couple of quilt projects in-work on top of it (it's in my sewing room).  The other bed is in a room that has too much light coming in through the blinds at night.  It was late and I wasn't sure the layout was final.  I was too tired to make a decision and thought it best to take a look at it in the morning with a fresh set of eyes.

I did go ahead and press the yellow border fabric, so at least I'll be ready once I decide what to do about the inner border.

It's a beautiful Sunday here on Florida's coast - finally a "cold" front came through and its only about 80 degrees.  Thankfully, the oppresive humidity is gone for the time being.

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment