Friday, March 25, 2011

Physical Therapy

I've been faithfully doing my physical therapy exercises to keep my shoulder moving and finger bending, but have really, really missed working on any projects.  Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of strength in the right shoulder yet, so I couldn't tackle anything big or heavy.  Soooo....I've been wanting to make a couple of pillowcases to match the quilt I made for my Mom's birthday a few years ago...the one pictured below which was made using April Cornell's Nature's Chorus by Moda



For awhile now, I've been keeping my eyes out for some of these fabrics, and found some when I went to one of the local quilt shop's anniversary sale (buy 4 yards and get 2 free).  It's funny because I rarely go to this particular shop as they don't turn their inventory over very quickly and they stock a huge selection of batiks, but very little other fabric that I'm wild about.  Happily, I spied two bolts of Nature's Chorus that were just perfect for a couple of pillowcases.  That's the good thing about this shop not turning their inventory over quickly - this line came out 3 years ago.  I honestly wonder how the shop stays in business - they were still charging $9.50/yard for it, but I got it as part of my "free" yardage.  So I did my PT today by ironing, cutting and sewing these two pillowcases.  It felt so good to finally do a little sewing.


I think I'll save them for Mom's 84th birthday in June.  I think she'll like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment