Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thrown for a Curve

I ordered a table runner kit from Keepsake Quilting right after the kitchen was remodeled in 2007. The kit was called "Bali Moons" and because the granite I chose was called Black Galaxy, I thought the table runner would create a moon and stars thing on the kitchen island.



Well, I started working on this project two years ago, made about eight blocks, and decided that sewing the curves was just not worth it.  Because batiks don't have as much give as normal woven fabrics, I was beyond frustrated when trying to sew all these curves, so I quit working on this project.  Over the past few months, my best friend and quilting buddy and I have been discussing how depressing it has become to look at all the half finished projects laying around, so I decided to knuckle down and finish the blocks for this project over this weekend or pitch it.  It was not fun, but I pushed through it and finished the blocks.  I cut down the size of the table runner by three blocks though - is that cheating?  Seriously, the finished size as designed is 60.5" x 20" and since I had ruined a couple of the blocks, I decided that 55.5" x 20" is plenty big enough.


I'll work on sewing the blocks together next weekend.

I hope you all have had a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment