Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Since this festival is falling over the Halloween weekend, here is a table topper that I made for my daughter and granddaughter a couple of years ago when Em was a baby.  I had purchased the pattern and fabrics as a kit, but when the package arrived, several of the fabrics (including the border) had been substituted with others. Needless to say, I was very aggravated, but I did a lot of searching online and managed to find and purchase all of the original fabrics.  I was very pleased once the table topper was finished.  We joke that it is a $150 45" x 45" table topper, but Em is enjoying it and hopefully it will be used by generations of family to come. 



This was the first time I had used prairie points along the edge of a quilt project and, in this case they really make the quilt.  It is quilted in a halloween pattern that includes pumpkins, witches, etc.

Off to go trick or treating (all treats - no tricks) at all the other quilt blogger's places linked over at the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Thank you for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment