Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Reveal and the Start of Something New

I can finally reveal my secret project that I posted about a few days ago here.  I had wanted to do something with the black, white and yellow fabrics I had.  Well it just so happens that my best friend and quilting buddy mentioned that it would make a really cute diaper bag or tote.  What perfect timing...her birthday was today.  So this was what I was making.


I think she liked it :)

Now for the something new.  Anyone that knows me, understands that I have no self-restraint.  When I get excited about something, I dive right into it.  The mail person left me a large envelope today containing some fabulous Alexander Henry cotton lawn.  It is similar to Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks voile - not quite as silky feeling, but it is nice and light.  As soon as I got out of my work clothes and into something comfy, I started cutting out another tunic.  I made a mistake when I ordered the fabric and didn't order quite enough, so  I had to be a little creative.  In the end I was able get all the pieces cut out of the yardage I had.  This is all that's left...

Just a few scraps, but isn't it beautiful?  I love the colors!


2 comments:

  1. Wow Mary that bag turned out beautifully! I've been thinking handbag for my bwy's, but I'm not sure if I want to use a pattern I already have used. I love the fabric so much I want to make very, very sure that I'm doing right by it.

    I can't wait to see your top - the fabric is so gorgeous. I wish I wasn't so scared to make clothes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! Lucky friend. I love the poppy material.

    ReplyDelete