Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Plans...Thwarted!

Grrrr...
I was supposed to get the stitches taken out of my finger yesterday, but when I arrived and the surgeon took a look at the knuckle he looked at me and asked me what I had been up too.  Well, I knew he was alluding to the fact that I had torn the sutures on one side of the knuckle.  It happened when I lifted Mr. Barky Barky I need to go out.  I was putting him into his crate in the back of the car to take him to the vet during the week and I felt the stitches pulling and then saw blood through the dressing (oops!).  So...he said that either we leave the stitches in until Tuesday, or he would remove all the stitches and put a couple new ones on the left side of the incision.  After dutifully promising him that I wouldn't bend the knuckle over the weekend, he left things alone *whew*

So, maybe I haven't completely kept my promise to the surgeon.  You see, I had a project that I wanted to do over the weekend (needed to do) and I can't show it to you yet because it's a secret.  Here are a couple of glimpses though.  I'm hoping I can finish it by tomorrow - I'm a little worried that I'm not going to make my goal which will be very disappointing indeed.  I think this fabric will look familiar to some of you...
















I hope you all are staying cool and having a nice quilty weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. You naughty girl! Sounds like you need a popsicle stick taped to that finger to keep you from bending it....I'm glad you got away with no new stitches, lol!
    Your project looks so gorgeous, I for sure recognize that fabric, lol! Mine is sitting by my computer, where I can reach over and pet it while I toss around The Perfect Project for it!

    ReplyDelete