Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Sewfest Results

First up...a pillowcase dress for Em for her birthday (I think I must also make one for Myrtle - her Mommy's cabbage patch doll that is now Em's).  My daughter sent me a picture of one of these dresses and asked me if I could make one for Em, so I looked around and found these instructions

When I looked down at the selvage and noticed the "Love U" printed on it,  I had to make a little taggie for the side of the dress (Lower right side of the picture - you'll have to click on the picture and zoom in to see it really well).  I wish I had taken my camera to Sewfest because a couple of the other ladies made pillowcase dresses too using a yellow fabric with red ladybugs.  They gathered the lower part of their dresses - oh how cute!  I think there are more of these dresses in Em's future :)



Next, I finished binding the other Odyssea Filmstrip quilt.  It was quilted using the same rippling water and fish pattern as this one, however I backed and bound this one in Moda's Bistro by Deb Strain - what a great fabric!  I found it on sale and bought every bit of it. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest little sundress, it looks so cool and comfy - she'll love it! Love the quilt too, I just love those fabrics and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little dress - I love the owls. So easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete