Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Quandary

I was up until 2:30 a.m. working on the bag, and this is where I stopped and went to bed.

I'm happy with it so far, but...

If I had followed the instructions, the flap and handles would have been the same green as the bag bottom.  Since I really, really love the stripe, I didn't want to limit its use to just the lining.  Now, however, my quandary is what to use for the handles.  I took pictures of my three options and put them side by side.  I'm leaning toward using the orange batik because the green just doesn't seem to fit, and the stripe looks like overkill.  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I like the stripe best, but all of them look good. I think any choice you make will be the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say "I like the orange!" Imagine the giggle I got when I read Anita and Kelley's comments. So much for forming consensus :-)

    P.S. It was great to meet you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky - I like to ask other people what they think because it is so interesting to see the variety of answers. It was nice to meet you too. I dropped 3 quilts off to be quilted yesterday - my free motion quilting skills need a LOT more work, but it was a fun class. Thanks for stopping by for a virtual visit and leaving your comment.

    By the way, I can't e-mail you back - you are showing up as a "No-reply Blogger" (in case you didn't know that).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the stripes the best but I do like the orange a lot too! I agree with you on the green not going so well.

    ReplyDelete