Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Project

I've had the Atkinson Designs Happy Hour pattern book for about three years and have wanted to make one all of the quilts out of it ever since.  One of my daughter's friends is having a baby boy in July and she is using blues, browns, and greens in the nursery.  In (yet another) weak moment I picked up a Robert Kaufman Playday fat quarter bundle from Fabricworm which was just perfect for this project.  The quilt is called Snapshots (a scaled down version of the Happy Hour quilt on the front cover of the book).  Last night I pressed the fats and tonight I cut :)


I've also been  piddling around with those twenty square in a square blocks left over from the Odyssea filmstrip quilts...


I sliced some of the square in a square blocks into quarters and played around with different layouts.  This will be a burp pad and provided me with a chance to practice some echo quilting


These left over blocks are going to be a changing pad (or any other kind of pad for that matter).  I may practice some free motion quilting on this piece.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I am envious of your progress and practicing on the free motion quilting. These are your third and fourth projects since class and I haven't touched it since then. My big accomplishment was to get a label on a quilt and get it washed so I can give it to its soon-to-be owner. (I am a BAD student!)

    ReplyDelete