Thursday, June 3, 2010

A New Project

I had a really great day today taking a free motion quilting class at our local quilt shop.  It was a lot of fun, and although my attempts were pretty rough looking, I at least feel like with a lot of practice I can do this :)

I have been eyeing this particular batik fabric every time I have gone into the shop, and today I couldn't resist it any longer (just like a moth to a flame *sigh*).  I thought about making a really cute insulated lunch bag using it, but after I went leafing through my patterns, I realized that I haven't yet made this Mini Miranda Bag by Lazy Girl Designs.  Fortunately, I bought extra fabric (I can hear all surprised and shocked gasps at this revelation...ha ha).  So...here's a sneak peek at the main body fabric.


I decided to quilt the fabric by loosely mimicing the curves of the leaf stems using a dark reddish orange thread so the stitching doesn't stand out.  It blends in nicely, don't you think?  Here's a shot of the quilting from the batting side.


By the way, you'll notice a new link on the top right side of the blog that I took the process pledge on R0ssie's blog.  If you get a chance, go on over and check it out.  I really like the idea of delving more into the process of quilting rather than just showing finished projects.  This is an interesting concept and will require examining my thoughts (pretty scary - lol!) in order to put the process into writing.

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment