Sunday, June 13, 2010

Isn't it always the case?


I get the blocks all sewn together and find the perfect border fabric (shown at the top of the picture), but all I have is a fat quarter.  So, I went shopping online for more, and as luck would have it I also found the perfect coordinating fabric for the binding while I was at it...see?

Now for a process-related note:  unless you don't mind your directional fabrics going every which way, the Snapshot and Happy Hours patterns are better suited to non-directional fabric.  Since I wanted all the elephants and birds upright, I had a more difficult time distributing the blocks in a pleasing way.

I love the quilts shown in this book and can't wait to make another one.  I like the Second Hand Strips pattern a lot, especially as the book shows it done in batiks.  Kelly has a picture of it on her blog.  The best part is that you can use leftover blocks from another quilt in the book, called Triple Treat to make it.

Happy Quilting Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Your lucky for sure!! I love those block,can you share with me where did you find the pattern for it. I have 2 baby quilts to make soon and I think this would be cute and very fast to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this exact same top (from the Happy Hour Book) for my nephew using some basketball fabrics. I just need to quilt it. Very easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute...I love it.

    ReplyDelete