Saturday, May 8, 2010

The number of the day is....

391925!  That was the winning number for one of the five quilts raffled off as part of the 5th Anniversary celebration at one of our local quilt shops, and I was holding it!  Woo hoo! 

During the sale yesterday, everyone was given one raffle ticket for each $20 spent on purchases during the sale.  The only condition for winning a quilt was that the ticketholder had to be present with his or her ticket at the drawing today at 1:00. 

Well, remember I mentioned the 5K this morning that started at 7:30?  I woke up at 4:15 and couldn't go back to sleep.  I was so aggravated!  I got up and had my coffee and then swung by to pick up my daughter by 6:30.  We did really well considering the heat and humidity - we both did 13 minute miles :o).  Anyway, I came home after the race and did some laundry and almost didn't go to the drawing because I didn't feel like getting back out into the heat and driving up to the shop, but I forced myself (good thing, eh?).  Here's a picture of the quilt I won - I love Amy Butler fabric too!  It's about 64" x 64" - just right for the couch.


My daughters came over this afternoon to visit and my oldest daughter (who has one more day of clinicals this semester and then is off for a week and a half - yay!) brought me a sweet Mother's Day card and had enclosed several pictures of Abby in it.  Of course, we all sat here and cried looking at them, but they were tears that needed to be cried.

I have done zero sewing today, but I'm okay with that :o) 

I hope all you Moms out there have a wonderful Mother's Day whether you are loving and mothering people children, furry or feathered children, or other creatures.  Have a great day tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. lucky, lucky you. What a gorgeous quilt. Certainly worth the effort of getting there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surely looks you have had a wonderful day, my dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing. Happy Mother's Day. Happy Qulting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13 minute mile???? WOW - and look what you won!!! Oh congratulations on winning that lovely quilt, that you won't need until November, lol. I'm so glad you went back out.
    And I'm glad you got to cry with your daughters and share memories, they love you best and can truly share your pain.
    I hope you have a very blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! You've won the fabric from my blog giveaway! Please send your mailing address my way! maryann(at)averymarydesign(com)

    ReplyDelete