Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crawling out of my funk

The first of May seemed more like "mayday" to me.  I couldn't shake off the sadness from losing Abby.  Everytime I looked into Alsley's eyes over the weekend it seemed that he was feeling sad too. 


I finally forced myself to do some sewing to occupy my hands if not my mind.  I finished making a quilted nap mat cover for Em.  She will be attending a new school for the summer in a few more weeks and I can't imagine in this hot, sticky climate just slapping a sheet over one of those nap mats for her to try and rest on.  She tends to be warm natured like her grammy.  I didn't manage to get a picture of it (Em wanted to bring it home when she left), but I used some Benartex Paris Cats and two of the dots from Cats Amore fat quarters to piece the top and made the back out of some bunny fabric that I had gotten on sale.  When the bunny fabric arrived, I didn't like the way it felt - it was rough, and therefore, was perfect to use to envelop the back of the mat.  I'll try and snap a picture over this coming weekend.

I ordered a couple yards of Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks voile fabric to make myself a nice cool tunic top as the summer swelter has hit - almost 90 today and very humid.  I ordered the Diamond Mine Ink fabric because I think it will be dark enough so as not to be too see through.  I'm hoping to be able to wear it to work, but I figure I can always throw on a camisole under it (which would unfortunately defeat the purpose of it being cool and light).

Speaking of summer - here's a picture of my little pumpkin at the beach


Finally, I want to thank you so much for all the kind thoughts and well wishes that we received after losing Abby - you'll never know how much the love and support means to us.

2 comments:

  1. ((((((((Mary)))))))) You're still in my prayers, sweetie.
    You're making me thankful I'm up here. It's been beautifully cool, except for the weekend when the humidity was 96%. I can't take it anymore - when I was younger I loved it!
    I can't wait to see your top. It sounds lovely. That's a darling pic of your sweetie at the beach - wish I was there too! The ONLY place I can stand hot weather, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A while back I had two dogs, brother and sister from the same litter. When he died she seemed very sad and lonely. So we went away for a few days. New smells and new scenery. Perked her up - and me. Alsley is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete