Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Now what?

I finished sewing together the blocks for this batik strip tube quilt, but I need to put an inner and an outer border on.  This is where I always wind up stumped because the borders can make or break a quilt.  I'll probably wind up taking it to the quilt shop to try different combinations out.  I just finished the last seam a few minutes ago and hurried outside to hang it on the fence for a quick picture before the sun sets (I didn't even take the numbers off).  See?


Also head over to Birch 100% Organic Fabrics - there is a fabulous giveaway in honor of Earth Day on their website as well as links to several other Earth Day giveaways!  You will be amazed at the gorgeous organic fabrics available on these web sites!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love all of those colors together. You might not even need a border, might end up taking away from the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH this is stunning - absolutely stunning! It just glows, Mary, I love love love it. I agree with taking it to the quilt shop - try all different combos. It's the only way I can seem to make a decision, lol! Wow, this is super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to take a tour after visioting your give away.
    And the first thing I see is this, it´s very beautiful, I love the coulors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderfull is your quit - top top top - I love your bright blue, turquise and purple colours. Just my colours but I never seen to be able to choose them ....???? I love your quilt and look forward to see your choice of borders (if you need borders at all, the quilt works well as it is).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete