Friday, April 9, 2010

Morning Bliss

10:18 pm update: I was unbelievably well-behaved in the quilt shop today (truly amazing)...  I only bought the fabric to bind this quilt.  I found this striped fabric, so I made the continuous bias binding tonight.  Now I have to get going and do the quilting :)



I decided to sit out on the back porch this morning to have my coffee.  It is warm (around 70 degrees) and there's a good onshore breeze, the birds are singing and chirping including a woodpecker who's been pecking in between visits to the bird feeder off and on for the last 20 minutes or so, the pugs are snuffling about in the yard, and the most amazing scent is in the air - the sweet scent of the citrus trees - they're in full bloom.  I wish I could send this scent out through the blog for everyone to enjoy! 

The weather person is calling for rain today, so it's a good day to knock out some chores go to the local quilt shop.  I'll post a pic or two later.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That binding is PERFECT for that quilt! Oh your day sounds just lovely. I put on the winter coat and battled the elements today, yuck.

    ReplyDelete