Sunday, April 18, 2010

A little glimpse

I've been busy making blocks with some of my friends - we had a sewfest at my best friend and quilting buddy's house.  It's always such a wonderful time chatting, sewing, and admiring each other's creations.  Here's a glimpse of what I worked on...


Notice some of Em's chalk artwork on the porch floor - some of it is actually Grammy's (I'm no artist - lol)  The screen porch is the only place I had where I could easily move the furniture leaving enough space to lay out the blocks.

I also ran across a cross-stitched and embroidered prayer that I made for my two girlies when they were very, very small (Christmas 1982!)  I used to love to do needlework when the girls were young because it was so easy to pick up, work on for a few minutes here and there, and then put away until I had a few free minutes again.  The picture is going in Em's room now :)  There were so many different stitches in this - the teddy bear is all french knots and the pig tails on the blond little girl were made by braiding embrodery floss.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in your quilt top, and it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete