Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wild Hair Wednesday

Yep - it was a normal Wednesday at work, but when I got home I putzed around until about 8:00 pm and that's when I got a wild hair to sew.  I poked around in the closet to see what I could whip up quickly since I do have to get up and go to work tomorrow.

I decided to make another pair of pillowcases to go with the Roman Holiday quilt I finished last year.  Right after Christmas I found this ultra soft and silky off white cotton with subtle snowflakes at the LQS for 40% off, so I bought a yard and a half to make these pillowcases.  I had just enough (barely) of the Chardonnay scroll fabric left over from backing the quilt to edge the pillowcases.  I can't wait to wash these and put them on the pillows...and I used up another 1.5 yards of fabric and some stash too.  What a great feeling :)


Good night and sweet quilty dreams!

1 comment: