Sunday, February 21, 2010

Seems like 2010 is a "Yellow" year

I was looking around at the 3 stacked coin baby quilts done so far this year and there's a whole lotta yellow -

Panache (Kona ochre)
Santorini (Kona sunflower)
 and now...Spring Meadow (Kona buttercup)
My best friend and quilting buddy gave me the 2 Spring Meadow charm packs for Christmas - I love the softness of the colors.  Yellow is such a great background color especially for baby quilts - it's so warm and happy. 

I'm working on binding another baby quilt right now and this is the binding fabric. 


I've got the binding on and would like to finish the hand sewing today, but I have to take frequent breaks because the fabric is so hard to stare at.  I always have to use an Ott light with a magnifying glass in order to do my hand sewing too.   Wow!  This fabric looks like it's moving, doesn't it?  LOL

Update 7:00 pm - Woo hoo!  Got the binding done!  I managed to snap a couple of pictures just as the sun was getting low. 


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love your quilts. Especially the yellow with the purple. I will soon have a new daughter in law who loves purple so I've been looking at a lot of that lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow looks awesome to me - especially since the sun has been so scarce! I LOVE the binding fabric you used, that would be hard to stare at but oh my gosh it's brilliant. Your quilts are great!

    ReplyDelete