Thursday, January 28, 2010

Not so Fast

I did all that cutting over the last 2 nights to make 4 filmstrip quilts, so did I start sewing today?  Heck no.  I took the dog to the vet, ran to Vero Beach to pick up my new eyeglasses that had been ready since Christmas, then to the other end of the county to drop off the 1800's Blended Quilt to be quilted.  I was ravenous when I got home - it was almost 2 pm.  I had a late lunch and thought, "hmmm - what now?"  I looked at the kitchen island at all the cut up fabric, but didn't have the Kona Cotton to go with it yet.  I packed all the strips and squares into an Art bin and then decided to cut up 2 Santorini charm packs that will go nicely with some Kona Cotton in Sunflower that I do have.  I think this will be a cute stacked coins quilt when it is done.

I just love these colors!

8:30 pm update - Rats! My iron just died so I can't finish ironing these strips (only had 2 left) grrrrr.

3 comments:

  1. I think you're right, it'll look great! LOVE those colors. Your glasses have been ready since Christmas??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these fabrics!! I can't wait to see it all finished it is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fabrics. Can't wait to see them paired with your Kona cotton.

    ReplyDelete