This is another quilt that was almost finished in 2009. It is a raggy flannel quilt that incorporates all of Em's old receiving blankets and assorted flannels to fill in. It wound up 64" x 74" after my very smart best friend and quilting buddy told me that I should really add borders to it so that the raggy edges are not along the outside of the quilt. This should prevent them from tearing under the strain that I expect Em to put this quilt through. I picked up the pink rubber ducky fabric for the borders last weekend and washed and dried it since it's flannel. So, I made the borders, sewed them on, and ragged the inner edges of the borders tonight *whew* I can't wait to give it to Em - it is so soft and with all the raggy seams, it is like a cloud. As usual, I finished it at night (just a couple of minutes ago) and so the picture is a little dark.
Update: Saturday January 23rd Here's a picture of the quilt in the daylight