Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mass Cutting

I've been wanting to make some filmstrip quilts out of a couple of layer cakes and determined that I could get two quilts from each layer cake.  So last night I cut up the Hushabye layer cake and tonight I went after the Odyssea layer cake.  Thank goodness for the June Tailor Shape Cut - it made quick work of all that fabric.  I'm not sure whether I'm going to use the filmstrip layout or this layout though - sometimes I just have to make the blocks and then play around with them to figure it out. 

The Hushabye fabric will be made into a baby girl quilt using the pinks, greens, and browns, and a baby boy quilt using the aquas, greens, and browns.


The Odyssea layer cake will be made into two gender-neutral baby quilts perhaps by pairing it with Kona Cotton Sand (maybe not - I haven't decided for sure yet).


Here's what the kitchen island looks like tonight - how satisfying :o)  Now I can't wait to start the assembly line.


Tomorrow the 1800's Blended quilt is going to the quilter - I also finished the backing for that tonight.  It's all pressed and hanging over the ironing board so I won't forget about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love that film strip quilt! Wow that's a lot of cutting you did - I'm drooling over that Odyssea fabric!

    ReplyDelete