Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year - Brrrrrr!

I can't believe how cold it is - this is Florida - it's not supposed to be in the 20's!  The pugs are definitely wishing they lived in a house the wasn't all tiled, see?  They are laying in their soft fuzzy bed covered with the doggy quilt, which is on top of their LL Bean bed which is on top of an orthopedic bed covered in a towel. 


I don't have a lot to show for my time off during the Christmas break, but I did finish putting together a raggy flannel quilt for Em.  I used all her receiving blankets from when she was an infant and some other flannels to fill in.  It wound up 60" x 70" which is a really nice sized quilt.  I still have to do the snipping and send it through the washing machine and dryer to make it raggy.


I made her dolly, Myrtle, one too :o)  This one's been snipped, washed, and dried.  It is soooo soft and cuddly.


Taking Friday off of work for a 3-day sewing weekend.  My best friend and quilting buddy and I are both making an 1800's blended quilt - I'm so excited!  Hopefully, I'll have something new to post next week.  These are the fabrics we're using.  Most of them are pretty ugly, but they'll look great when they are put together with the pattern we're using (I hope).


I started a new job, so my posting may be a little erratic for awhile until I figure things out.  Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, great idea to use the recieving blankets, I love that quilt! And how sweet to do Myrtle a quilt too.
    Enjoy your sewing weekend, I can't wait to see! Congrats on your new job too. You're in my google reader so I won't miss a post, it's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, Happy New Year! Your pugs look so cute all bundled up together. At least it is starting to warm up some. Hope you enjoyed your sewing weekend, and good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete