Saturday, January 30, 2010

Busy Days

First, a finished top and backing.  This one is called Stacked Drachmae.  Yes, I'm aware that the official Greek currency is now the Euro, but Euro sounds so sanitized and the distinctive culture of Greece isn't captured in the Euro.  This quilt captures the vibrance and richness of Santorini because the focal fabric does it so well - all I did is throw in the Sunflower Kona Cotton - Yiamas!

2/1/2010 - wow the color is way off in this picture - the yellow is a nice bright buttery yellow - not a greenish yellow.


I also finished the sunflower Cour de Chateau (Courtyard) top.  This was an attempt to turn some country-ish fabric into a quilt that looks more Provence.  I think the sunflower fabric I used for the border was a bit too much, but since I wasn't wild about the fabrics, I wasn't about to go out and buy something else.  I'm not thrilled with it, but it is what it is.

 

4 comments:

  1. They're both lovely - I've never been to France or Greece but I think you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Love the Santorini!!! Please keep that one in the family *hint hint, wink wink*

    Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh huh - How did I know that was coming? Maybe because yellow is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, they both are great. I'll bet the yellow really makes the top quilt sing. I think the sunflower border fabric is actually really nice on the second quilt. Really pulls the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete