Friday, November 6, 2009

Off to pick up

Roman Holiday at the quilter - can't wait to see it and finish it up. Going to a sewfest at my best friend and quilting buddy's house this weekend and am planning to work on the Strip Tubing quilt and make the blocks from 160 Hoffman Bali Pop Kiwiberry strips. I also need to quilt the Christmas tree skirt.

The weather has cooled off just a bit, so I decided to put a fall quilt on my bed. This was made using a group of Kansas Troubles fat quarters and pattern picked up at Quilting by the Sea in Langley, Washington in 2008. I'm so glad that we were able to go to this fabulous shop before it closes this year :(


The quilting done on this quilt was beautiful - the pattern is called "Trip through New England" - it consists of various kinds of leaves and acorns. Being a New England girl at heart - it takes my breath away!











When I finished this quilt and put it on my bed, I really didn't care for it much, I think because it is very dark. However, I've grown very fond of it over time and it looks like autumn. This is a huge quilt - about 140" long. I had a row of blocks left over and so put it on the back at the top of the quilt (you can see it in the picture where I have the corner turned down). Happy quilting everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary that quilt is so beautiful!!! Yes, the colors are very autumn, so rich looking. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete