Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finally got up enough nerve

To slice into the baby charms quilt made from all those Christmas charms. I slit up the back and used a CD to cut out the hole for the Christmas Tree. This year we'll get to witness Christmas through Em's eyes - a two and a half year old sees things that most of us that have been around for half a century or so don't even notice. Everything is new, exciting, and filled with wonder and awe when you're a two year old and I love it. I'm going to her school's Thanksgiving pageant tomorrow and taking my Mother - it should be so cute :)

Back to the tree skirt. I made the binding and the ties and then sewed them on last night and I'm about 1/3 the way done with the binding; however, I probably should have taken the time to make bias binding. The hole in the center created a little bit of an obstacle for me since I just made standard binding on the fabric straight of grain. However since this part will be up under the tree, I went ahead and just made a couple little pleaty gathery parts so I can get the binding sewn down around the circle. Here's a peek.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a brave woman! I don't know if I could've cut into that at all. It's looking marvelous!!!!
    It's going to be a very fun Christmas for you - toddlers are the best!

    ReplyDelete