Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You know the old saying...




"Necessity is the mother of invention?" Well, of course it is (all people who sew know this). I got a new Blackberry and I love it, but the case that came with it is way too tight, it's made of ugly fake black leather, and I can't get the phone in or out of it without a struggle. Today the wonderful mail person brought me a goodie in the mail - "Quilts from the Selvage Edge" Woohoo! So what happens when a quilter has a need for something and just happens to get a new book or pattern at the same time?








You guessed it! It's a little too long and I didn't think the construction through before it made it, but isn't it cute? I lined it with a small flannel scrap, so it's nice and soft. Even the button is a left over from Em's birthday suit. I can't wait to make another one that is a little shorter and has a velcro tab rather than a button for the closure because it will make the blackberry even easier to access. I'm going to have to do a lot more quilting so I can get more selvages.






11:39 pm: Oh boy - am I going to regret staying up so late when the alarm goes off at 5:30, but I can't help myself. I'm too keyed up to go to bed - I'm not even sleepy. I had to share this with you. I was going through my scraps looking for selvages and check this one out. This is going to be a very special one for a very special project. I'll have to wait for inspiration to hit. I just wish there was more fabric to the right of it. I'm going to have to be very careful not to cut it off when I incorporate it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is SO CUTE!!!! And I love your selvadge on the red fabric!

    ReplyDelete