Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A wonderful day...

Yesterday was my 51st birthday, and it was one of the nicest birthdays ever. I got taken out for lunch by some of my thoughtful coworkers for philly cheesesteak subs - mmmmm. Then, I met my wonderful Mom, daughters, granddaughter, niece, brother, and my all around best friend and quilting buddy for dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. By the time I got home I was pooped, so I decided to lay down for a few minutes on the couch. Of course, I fell asleep and woke up at 2:30 a.m still dressed in my work clothes (no, I didn't do any heavy drinking - just one glass of wine with dinner).

I have to show you what my best friend and quilting buddy made for me for my birthday though. I had seen her make the cutest Christmas quilt and the backing was an ivory fabric with gold snowflakes. When I saw that fabric, I told her about my "puff" - a comforter that I had from the time I was very little (it was a present given to my parents when they were married) until it finally fell apart when I was a teenager. It was an ivory silky fabric with gold snowflakes all over it. I couldn't believe my eyes - the backing fabric looked just like it! Here are a couple of pictures.



Isn't it the most wonderful quilt? I need to get a picture of it in the daylight because even though it is beautiful in these pictures, they don't do it justice.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!!!!! I'd sing but I don't want to break your computer. Your birthday celebration sounds lovely - were you terribly disoriented when you woke up at that hour? I would be.
    That quilt is just gorgeous. Amazing that it looks just the same as your puff. What a lovely gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! What a wonderful birthday present. Sounds like it brings back pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete