Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tinkerbell

So, I posted earlier that I was making a Tinkerbell costume for Em and here it is! I only have to put some elastic in her bloomers and I'm done. I'm happy with the way it turned out (thankfully because it was a pain to make). Doesn't it make you want to scream when you follow the directions and when you're done you realize that it would have been so much easier if you had written them? Honestly, sometimes I wonder why some patterns are so much more complicated than they need to be. Oh well, I can take solace in the fact that I'm so much smarter than the people at Simplicity - lol!

I hope everyone's having a great Saturday. I can't wait to get back to quilt sewing - it's so much easier!



Since this is supposed to be a quilting blog, here's a picture of the first two blocks I made with the Kiwiberry Hoffman Bali Pops. I think I'm really going to like this...a LOT!

3 comments:

  1. I believe there is going to be a beautiful Tinkerbell out trick-o-treating this year.

    Very cute!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tink costume. My daughter has been tink...but never in something that cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is too cute! She's going to be absolutely adorable. I don't know why I find it so hard to follow a pattern, even Simplicity, but you've given me a clue that it's not just me, lol!!!

    I love those blocks - the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete