Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Okay - so not much of anything (yet). This is the beginnings of a Christmas tree skirt. Got all the 5" squares sewn together today. I even managed to get all the squares with directional prints going in the same direction - it truly is a miracle! I'll trim it, put a gold inner border and a red outer border on, quilt it and then cut a circle out of the center and split it down one side, sew some ties on and then bind it. I need to get cracking on this so it will be ready for Em's Christmas tree - she's already talking about it.

Since I'm on the subject of Christmas, on Friday I dropped off my Roman Holiday quilt to be quilted - it wound up 103" x 103" I can't wait to see how it looks when it's all done! This quilt is my Christmas present to myself :o)

Reminder: Don't forget - Brenda at Pumpkin Patch Primitives Quilt Shoppe is having a huge giveaway - 27 (yes, twenty-seven) fat quarters from Red Rooster's Pumpkins & Spice Whimsicals. This is the last week to get your entry in!

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be gorgeous! Ooooh, I can't wait to see your Roman Holiday!

    ReplyDelete